We provide convenience for the members of Lotte Chilsung Beverage.
Article 1 (Purpose)
These Terms and Conditions stipulate the rights and obligations, responsibilities, and other necessary matters between Lotte Chilsung Beverage Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") and the users in terms of using the Internet websites and mobile services (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Service") provided by the Internet websites and mobile services (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Site") of the Company.
* These Terms and Conditions shall apply mutatis mutandis to the electronic transactions using PC communication, mobile, wireless, etc., except where contrary to its nature.
Article 2 (Definition)
1. With the purpose of providing users with goods or services (hereinafter referred to as "goods, etc."), the “Site” refers to the virtual place of business established by the Company to trade goods, etc. through communication facilities such as computers; it also refers to the operator of the Site.
2. "User" refers to a member or non-member who accesses the Site and receives services provided by the Site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
3. "Member" refers to a member who provides personal information to the company and registers for membership, or the whole of members who have been given an ID and can freely access the site with the ID given at the time of member registration.
4. "Non-Member" refers to a person who uses the services provided by the Site without applying for membership.
5. "Internet Web Site" refers to the Lotte Chilsung Mall and Lotte Chilsung Corporate Site, which are created and operated by the Company so that users who have registered with the Company can receive various information and services. The "Mobile Service" refers to the mobile website and application services which are created and operated by the Company so that users who have registered with the Company can receive various information and services.
6. "ID" refers to a combination of letters and numbers set by the member and approved by the Company for the purpose of membership identification and members’ use of services.
7. "Password" refers to a combination of letters and numbers set by the member and registered on the Company site in order to verify the identity of the member and to protect personal and transaction information.
Article 3 (Specification and Revision of the Terms and Conditions)
1. The "Site" shall post the terms and conditions, name of the Company, address of the office, name of the representative director, corporate registration number, and contact numbers (phone, fax, email address, etc.) on the initial service screen (front page) for confirmation by users. However, the content of the terms and conditions can be made available for users through a linked screen.
2. The "Site" may amend the Terms and Conditions to the extent that they are not inconsistent with the related laws including the Regulations of the Adhesion Contract Act; the Framework Act on Electronic Documents and Transactions; the Digital Signature Act; the Act on the Promotion of Information and Communications Network, etc.; the Personal Information Protection Act; the Act on Door-to-Door Sales, etc.; and the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.
3. If the "Site" amends the Terms and Conditions, the effective date and reason for amendment shall be specified and posted on the initial screen of the "Site" along with the current Terms and Conditions from 7 days prior to the effective date through the day before the effective date. In the event that amendment of the terms and conditions is unfavorable to members, it shall be announced 30 days before the effective date, and shall also be notified clearly through electronic means such as members’ e-mail and an agreement window upon login for a set period of time.
4. If the "Company" notifies members of the amendment of the Terms and Conditions by email or in writing, the Company is to send a notification to the email address already provided, or to the email address or address of residence recently updated by the member. The information on the email address or residence address of the member provided to the Company is under the control of the member, and therefore the Company will not be held liable for any problems due to not being informed of modification or change of the contact address by the member.
5. In the event that the Company clearly announces or notifies that the member is being considered to accept the amendment in accordance with Paragraph 5, unless his/her intention is declared within 30 days after the Company’s notification and the member does not explicitly express the intention to reject, the member shall be deemed to consent to the amended terms and conditions.
6. If the "Site" amends the Terms and Conditions, the amendment will be applied to the contracts made after the effective date of the amendment. The contracts which have already been made before the amendment will be subject to the previous Terms and Conditions. Provided that the user who has already entered into the agreement transmits the intention to be subject to the amended Terms and Conditions to the Site within the notice period of the amendment in accordance with Paragraph (4) and obtains approval by the Site, the amendment will be applied to the member.
7. Any matters not specified in the Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the Guidelines for Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., other Acts and subordinate statutes, or commercial practices enacted by the government.
Article 4 (Provision and Modification of Services)
1. The “Site” shall perform the following functions:
1) Provision of diverse information
2) Various promotion activities related to goods or services including advertising and marketing events
3) Any other duties prescribed by the “Site”
2. In the event that goods are out of stock or content of study materials has been modified, the “Site” may change the content of the goods and services provided by the contract to be made thereafter. In this case, the "Site" shall immediately give notifice of the content of the modified goods and provision date in the same place where the content of the current goods are posted.
3. In the event that the content of the services which have already been concluded with the user are to be modified because the goods are out of stock or the technical specifications of the goods have been changed, the “Site” shall promptly provide notice of the reason for the change in content of service via the user’s available contact address.
4. In the event that the content of services which have been already concluded with the user are to be modified because the goods are out of stock or content of study materials has been modified, the “Site” indemnifies the user for damages suffered. However, this does not apply if there is no wrongful intent or negligence of the “Site”.
Article 5 (Suspension of Services)
1. In case of any circumstances where inspection, maintenance, expansion, replacement, or transfer of IT equipment are needed as well as inevitable circumstances such as interruptions in power or telecommunications supply, the Company shall give notice of the suspension of the "Service" seven (7) days prior to the temporary suspension of provision of the "Service". Provided that the Company cannot give notice in advance under unavoidable circumstances, the Company may give ex-post facto notification.
2. If the “Service” is suspended due to force majeure including natural disasters, wars, riots, terrorism, hacking, DDOS, etc., the Company shall immediately give notification. Provided that prior notification is not possible under unavoidable circumstances such as inoperability of an IT apparatus, the Company shall promptly give notice of the situation upon settlement of the situation.
3. In case of service suspension in accordance with Paragraph (1) and (2), the “Site” shall notify the user in the manner prescribed in Article (8).
4. The “Site” shall indemnify the user or the third party for damages caused by temporary service suspension for reasons given in Paragraph (1) or (2). However, this does not apply if there is no wrongful intent or negligence of the “Site”.
5. If any unavoidable circumstance arises
Article 6 (Membership)
1. The user may sign up to be a “member” at no cost by filling in the membership information in accordance with the form set forth by the "Company" and expressing consent to these Terms and Conditions.
② E-mail ID
⑤ Mobile phone number
⑥ Date of birth
⑦ Option to receive e-mail
⑧ Option to receive SMS
⑨ Any other items deemed necessary by Lotte Chilsung Beverage
2. Among the applicants for membership as stated in Paragraph (1), the Company accepts membership if not falling under any of the subparagraphs below:
1) If the applicant for membership has previously lost membership pursuant to Article 7 (3) of these Terms and Conditions. Provided, however, that this shall not apply when the applicant for membership for whom three years have not passed after losing the membership pursuant to Article 7 (3) receives acceptance from the Company to rejoin.
2) In the event that there is any fallacy, omission, or error in the application information
3) If the “Company” deems that the membership registration may markedly hinder the technology of the “Company”
3. A child (a person under 14 years old) is allowed to join the membership only by obtaining the prior consent of their legal representative (parent), and contract-related services such as e-commerce are limited.
4. The valid date of the membership registration contract shall be deemed the date that the consent of the "Company" reaches the user who has applied for membership.
5. If there is any change in the member information registered with the "Company", the "Member" shall promptly give notifice or amend the relevant changes with the Company in accordance with the method set by the "Company".
Article 7 (Withdrawal and Disqualification of Membership)
1. The "member" may request withdrawal of membership from the "Company" at any time, and the "Company" shall immediately take the necessary measures to withdraw the membership.
2. The “Company” may restrict or suspend the qualification of the “Member” via notification to the related “Member” if any of the following cases apply to the “Member”:
① If any false information is involved at the time of application for membership
② Concerning the payment of purchased goods or services via the “Site” and any other matters related to the use of the “Site”, if the “Member” deliberately does not pay the debts on the due date 3 times or more
③ If the “Member” refuses to accept the goods purchased via the "Site" three times or more without justifiable cause
④ If the “Member” threatens or disturbs the order of e-commerce such as by interrupting others’ use of the “Site” or stealing information
⑤ If the “Member” posts obscene materials or links to sexually explicit websites on the “Site”
⑥ If the “Member” uses the "Site" to conduct behaviors prohibited according to the law, regulations, or the Terms and Conditions, or which are against acceptable public order and customs
⑦ If there is any case where the sound operation or performance of the duties of the “Site” are disrupted as follows:
(1) If the reputation or credibility of the “Site” is damaged due to allegation or dissemination of groundless facts or false information on the operation of the “Site”
(2) If the working environment is severely damaged due to abusive or vulgar words or actions toward the employees of the “Site” in the course of operation of the “Site”.
(3) If there is any obstruction of work due to frequent contact without reason, disturbance or intimidation, or a claim for compensation for damages for which causality has not been proven (points, cash, or goods) in the course of the operation of the “Site”.
(4) Notwithstanding the flawless goods or services purchased by the “Site”, if there is any obstruction of work due to habitual cancellation for partial use, partial return, or full refund; habitual behavior is subject to the internal regulations of the “Company”’.
3. The "Company" may determine disqualification in a case where the same behavior is repeated twice or more or is not corrected within 30 days after the “Company” has restricted membership.
4. If “Member” dies, his/her membership is automatically disqualified
5. When the “Company” disqualifies the “Member”, the membership registration is expunged. In this case, the “Company” shall give notifice to the “Member” of the circumstances so that the “Member” has a chance to offer explanation at least 30 days prior to the termination of the membership registration. The "Company" examines the explanations of the “Member” and requalifies the “Member” in the event that the explanations are deemed reasonable.
Article 8 (Notifications to Members)
1. When the “Company” gives notification to the “Member”, the “Company” may use the email address which has been previously designated by the “Member” according to the agreement with the “Company”.
2. When the “Company” gives notification to many unspecified “Members", the “Company" may post the notification on the “Site” for one week or more in lieu of individual notice. Provided that the notice has a critical impact on the transaction of the “Member” him/herself, the “’Company” shall provide notification individually.
Article 9 (Obligations of the “Company”)
1. The “Company” shall not engage in any actions prohibited by the law, regulations, or the Terms and Conditions, or is against acceptable public order or customs. In addition, the “Company” shall do its best to provide goods and services continuously and reliably as stipulated in these Terms and Conditions.
2. The “Company” shall have a security system to protect the user's personal information (including credit information) so that the users can enjoy safe service.
3. If the “Company” violates Article 3 (Prohibition against Unfair Labeling or Advertising) of the Act on Fair Labeling and Advertising with regard to its goods or services and consequently inflicts damage to the users, the “Company” shall be liable to pay compensation for the damage.
4. The “Company” shall not send unsolicited commercial advertising emails to users.
Article 10 (Obligations toward Members’ ID and Password)
1. Except for the cases stipulated in Article (17), the “Member” is responsible for managing his/her ID and password.
2. The ‘Member” shall not allow a third party to use his/her ID and password.
3. When the “Member” has his/her ID and password stolen or recognizes misuse by a third party, the “Member” shall immediately give notifice to the “Company” of the circumstance and follow the guidelines of the “Company” if advised.
Article 11 (Obligations of the User)
1. The user may not engage in the following behaviors:
① Registration of false information at the time of application or change
② Theft of others’ information
③ Changing of information posted at the “Company”
④ Sending or posting information (e.g. computer programs) other than the information set by the “Company”
⑤ Infringement of intellectual property rights such as copyrights of the "Company" and other third parties
⑥ Damaging the reputation or disrupting the business of the "Company" and other third parties
⑦ Disclosing or posting information of obscene or violent messages/videos/audio files or that go against acceptable public order or customs
Article 12 (Site Connection between the “Company” and “Other Companies”)
1. The site connection between the “Company” and “Other Companies” means that the sites provided by the "Company" and the sites provided by third parties are linked via hyperlinks (e.g. hyperlinks including texts, pictures, and moving images).
2. If the “Company” indicates that it shall not take responsibility for the transactions of the goods, etc. independently provided by a linked site of another company with the users on the main page of the website of the “Company” or on the popup page at the time of linking, the “Company” shall not bear guaranteed responsibility for the related transaction.
Article 13 (Copyright Ownership and Use Restriction)
1. Copyright and other intellectual property rights in the work created in the “Company” belong to the “Site”
2. Concerning the information acquired through the use of the “Site” or “Service”, the users shall not use the information to which intellectual property belongs to the “Company” for commercial purposes or make it available to third parties by means of replication, transmission, publishing, distribution, or broadcasting, etc. without prior consent of the “Site”.
Article 14 (Dispute Resolution)
1. The "Company" shall deal with complaints and comments submitted by users with priority. Provided that it is not possible to be handled quickly, the “Company” shall immediately give notifice the user of the reason for the delay and the process schedule.
2. Any dispute arising between the “Company” and the user may be subject to the arbitration of the E-Commerce Mediation Committee established by Article 32 of Framework Act on Electronic Documents and Transactions and Article 16 of the Enforcement Decree of the same Act.
Article 15 (Jurisdiction and Governing Law)
1. The lawsuits related to e-commerce disputes between the "Company" and the user shall be settled by the competent court in accordance with the procedures set forth in the Civil Procedure Act.
2. The laws of the Republic of Korea apply to the lawsuits on electronic transactions filed between the “Company” and the user.
Article (Effective Date) These Terms and Conditions will be effective April 20, 2015.